This quick and easy cleaning method will only take a matter of minutes and most of the supplies should be in your kitchen cupboards.
Just grab a bottle of white vinegar and a lemon from the kitchen, and follow the steps below
What You’ll Need
Follow These Steps
For the inside:
- Add a cup of water, a few tablespoons of vinegar, and some slices of lemon or lime to the microwave-safe bowl. The acid from the fruit will loosen any food spills inside the machine.
- Add a toothpick into the bowl. This will allow bubbles to form against the wood as the water heats up, preventing the water to over boil.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and run it on high for 2 minutes, until the mixture boils and steams up the interior. When it’s done, keep the door shut and let the steam do its thang for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and glass turntable (be careful as both may be hot) and wipe down the microwave’s interior, including the inside of the door, with a sponge. Any debris that was inside should come off easily.
- Hand wash the turntable in soapy water, or put it in the dishwasher.
- If the glass on the inside of the door still feels greasy, dip your sponge into the bowl of water and vinegar, and give it an additional wipe.